Finding a sweet treat can be challenging. Here’s a recipe I’ve been playing with for a while and it’s finally ready to put out there into the universe and just in time for a 4th of July Sweet Treat.
They are healthier than the average cookie but still it has sugar and calories so tread lightly.
1 Cup Almond Flour
¼ cup Organic Honey
¼ cup Coconut Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Extract (pure – alcohol free)
1 large egg, whisked
2 Tbs Coconut Flour
¼ tsp-1/2tsp sea salt
½ cup Enjoy Life choc chips (allergen free)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl combine Almond flour, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and egg. Mix with electric hand mixer until smooth.
3. Add coconut flour and salt, mix well.
4. Fold in Chocolate chips
5. Refrigerate until the batter has firmed up a bit,
(about 10-12 minutes)
6. Drop a spoonful on to the cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
7. Let cool and enjoy your sweet treat : )
In peace, health & with much love,
Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist
Certified Personal Trainer